Apply for this job
||Safety Advisors + Safety Specialists
||37000.00-51952.00 GBP per year
We are looking for safety advisers and safety specialists with experience of working in high hazard environments. Successful candidates will have several years’ experience on an industrial site, dealing with a range of conventional and/or construction health and safety hazards. Experience in the nuclear industry is not necessary.
Role holders may be deployed in any part of the business and will play a vital role in advising local area management teams (duty holders) and the workforce on how to operate in line with regulatory and company requirements. Role holders will participate in appropriate safety meetings and forums, interfacing with stakeholders, customers and regulators as required.
The minimum starting level qualification will be a NEBOSH Diploma / Certificate of Competence in Occupational Hygiene or equivalent. Corporate/chartered membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. IOSH, BOHS, SRP, IEMA) is essential.
- Assess safety risks and provide professional safety advice to Duty Holders in accordance with legislation and site policy & procedures. Where necessary document and produce technical reports in support of that advice.
- Identify and respond to safety issues and concerns, providing advice on appropriate measures and controls.
- Undertake inspections, observation and assurance activities to identify and highlight performance gaps, determine root causes and corrective actions in order to improve performance.
- Undertake investigation of incidents and events, ensure corrective actions are taken, and learning opportunities identified and shared.
- Provide support to the EH&S Manager and Duty Holders’ interactions with internal and external regulators and other bodies.
- Identify, support and facilitate safety improvements programmes and the development of a positive safety culture.
- Train, coach, mentor and support other safety role/duty holders to develop the safety awareness and competence of the workforce.
- Lead by example, setting safety standards, championing best practice and encouraging others to demonstrate appropriate EH&S behaviours and promote a positive EH&S Safety culture.
Starting salary will depend on qualifications and experience with the higher levels reserved for candidates with extensive experience, including both a broad level of conventional health and safety experience and areas of specific expertise (e.g. Chemical Safety, COMAH, Construction, Fire, etc).
Sucessful candidates will be required to complete the company safety competency scheme and associated training requirements which form part of the safety career pathway.
Additional information about the process
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Salary: £45,000 to £51,952 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Jessica.McSherry@capita.co.uk
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.