Apply for this job
||SAP HCM Specialist
SAP HCM Specialist – Based Workington, Cumbria or Risley Warrington – 12 months -
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Consultant will provide specialist independent advice to the Information Services Organisation (ISO) to support the delivery of the SAP HCM tasks and projects.
The support and advice will include SAP HCM and site wide people management related transformation activities.
The consultant role is expected to provide accurate, unambiguous advice to a range of stakeholders; namely; Executives, Senior Management, Head of Service and Project Managers based on best practice to enable decision making and provide confidence and assurance.
The consultant role will lead the methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of existing business process and systems to propose and present functional requirements to stakeholders.
The consultant will be responsible for the full end to end project oversight of business requirements to ensure the successful validation and verification of the developed solution. The responsibilities of the consultant in including but not limited to the following functional areas:
• Organisational Management
• Personnel Administration
• Absence Management
• Case Management
• Performance/Talent Management
• Succession Planning
• Time Management
• Business Warehouse Reporting
• Security & Vetting
• Occupational Health
The consultant role will have overall design authority of all SAP HCM changes covering Controlled Demand Requests (CDRs), tasks and projects (minor and major) to ensure any risk to the following areas of the business has been mitigated:
• Functional Areas - HR, Training, Security & Vetting, Occupational Health
• Transactional Administration – (NSBS) Organisational Management, Personnel Administration, Payroll and Recruitment
• End Users - 12,000 self-service users’ and 400-500 ERP Central Component (ECC) users.
The role ensures that:
SAP HCM changes are aligned to the ISO and HR strategy
Enhancements or changes to existing SAP HCM functionality is based on best practice and is a good fit based on the culture and size of the organisation.
Business will implement a solution that is fit for purpose
Impact and risks are identified and mitigated before designs are approved
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience implementing HCM solutions
• Must have completed at least 3 full life cycle software implementations
• Comfortable with dealing with complex client issues and interacting at all levels of the organisation
• Previous experience with managing 3rd party suppliers
• Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of HR policies, processes and legislative requirements
• Excellent data analytical skills
• Extensive experience in multiple HCM modules namely; organisational management, coreHR, payroll, recruitment, time and attendance, self-service, learning & development, performance management, reporting,
• Proactive, can achieve deadlines in accordance with strict timetables.
• Ability to present well-reasoned options to clients and Project Managers.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Excellent Leadership and organisational skills.
• Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills.
• Proven experience in Project/Business Change Management
• Test management experience
• Knowledge of a mainstream reporting solutions (e.g. Cognos, BusinessObjects)
• 10+ years’ experience implementing HCM solutions
• HCM development/configuration experience
• To the Head of the SAP Competency Centre (SAP CC) for the oversight of all application developments relating to the Human Capital Management (HCM) component of SAP (known as OPMS).
• To the Head of the SAP CC for the oversight, advice and guidance of business operating models and SAP site wide end user (12,000 employees) change management activities.
• To the Enterprise Systems Operating Group (ESOG), SAP Business Group, and SAP Request Approval Board (RAB) for assurance and impact assessment against Site License Conditions in relation to the HCM Module of SAP.
• In conjunction with other ISO teams, to the Transformation team for assessing “the art of the possible” with regard to SAP HCM functionality.
• To Project Managers to review, validate and verify technical/functional designs, test conditions and cutover/go-live readiness assessments
• The post holder sets, and monitors progress against, the short, mid and long term deliverables of internal and external groups relating to SAP HCM Fixes and Developments (Tasks & Minor Projects).
• The post holder on behalf of the company is authorised to suspend any requested SAP change relating to SAP HCM which is deemed to have an impact on site licence or in violation of approved process and procedures.
• In the context of Human Resources (HR)/Human Capital Management (HCM), this role is responsible for translating the strategies and requirements of the company Executive & Business Units into clearly defined user and functional requirements which third party SAP Partners and Functional Consultants can tender and deliver against.
• The role is also responsible for providing assurance to the delivery of tasks and projects in the context of HCM.
• The role is also responsible for assessing all SAP HCM changes to understand the impact on business functions and end users.
• The role functions within a complex operating framework which requires strong working links between the SAP CC and:
• Senior Stakeholders (including the company Executive).
• Business Leaders.
• Senior Account Managers from SAP (UK), ATOS and other external IT providers.
(In-scope of IR35)
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment.
This role can be based from either Warrington or Workington, Cumbria
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.