Apply for this job
||Planning Engineer x 2
Planning Engineer x 2
Location: Winfrith, Dorset
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week, Mon – Fri.
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
Our client is currently recruiting for two Planning Engineers to work on a perm basis at their Winfrith site in Dorset. The Planners will provide a planning service to project managers in compliance with relevant company procedures.
Considerable experience within a project environment
Understands the impact on schedules from a highly technical and regulated industry
Working knowledge of P6 or MSP planning tools is essential.
Significant demonstrable experience of constructing, statusing and reading logic driven, resource and cost loaded project schedules
Significant experience of rolling up and summarising working schedules
Good understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
Good understanding of Critical Path Analysis (CPA) / Programme Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT)
Willingness to travel to other UK sites as and when required.
Considerable experience of project controls within the nuclear industry or within a contracting or other project management organisation
Demonstrable knowledge of Risk Analysis
• Accountable to the Project Manager for service and to the Head of Profession for standards;
• Assist Project Managers in conducting interactive planning sessions, capturing output to form the basis of project plans;
• Produce level 3 and 4 schedules for Project Managers;
• Maintain integrity of schedules through compliance with procedures (e.g., change control);
• Maintain alignment of schedules (including milestone dates) in the schedule hierarchy to ensure absolute linkage throughout;
• Contribute to the production of the Site Milestone Sequence Chart (MSC), Management Summary Schedule (MSS) and Critical Path Chart (CPC);
• Ensure key milestone dates are included in the scheduling tool (e.g., gate reviews, regulatory milestones, procurement plans, etc.);
• Ensure schedule contingencies and mitigation activities are identified following risk analysis;
• Ensure regular review and update of the project risk register is carried out. Facilitate reviews where necessary by coordinating risk meetings. Analyse project risks and impacts and make recommendations. Actively monitor progress with mitigation activities. Ensure information is fed into risk registers;
• Monitor work liquidation at level 4 schedule level (for projects) and roll up & report at level 3 for Project Managers;
• Challenge supply chain schedule / progress and trends to underpin Level 3 and/ or Level 4 status
• Provide a review of any contractors/ suppliers schedules that have been submitted for acceptance, and make recommendations to the Project Delivery team on the formal acceptance or not of that schedule.
• Impact assessment of contract change on schedule
• Work with the supply chain Planners and project delivery team to assure progress and advice on improvement / maintenance of schedule integrity and deliverability
• Understand contract requirements for Project Controls and reporting and/or feed in if required
• Understand scope of work for the Project/contract
• Take an informed view of the trends of the Project to date and use for performance of the schedule to go.
• Review float erosion and provide PM status on perceived likelihood of delivery.
• Review schedules for deliverability including providing advice where resource smoothing is required
• Identify and Manage interfaces between Project and Programme
• Support Project WBS development for which the supply chain will also be aligned.
• Status project schedules in the field ensuring progress reported reflects a ‘true and fair’ view;
• Perform quantity surveys in support of productivity analysis (quantity Tracking to underpin progress and future trends);
• Assist Project Managers in analysing work performed, schedule variances and determining Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) forecasts to go;
• Assist cost engineers in providing an accurate Estimate At Completion (EAC) by providing accurate schedule forecast information;
• Assist Project Managers in recovery planning, including impact analysis;
• Provide critical path and critical chain analysis;
• Quantify effects of emergent/additional work on the schedule and on the overall Lifetime Plan
• Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
• May be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
• Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
• Assist the relevant Magnox Head of Profession with design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
NQF level 5 or equivalent significant, demonstrable planning experience - Essential
Membership of a relevant professional body – Desirable
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.