Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||30000.00-34000.00 GBP per year
Salary: £30-£34k plus 38 days holiday (inc bank holidays) plus benefits e.g. private healthcare & flexitime.
Job Type: Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
Assist with the production of project schedules and plans.
Support with the monitoring and reporting of Project and Programme performance delivery on a monthly basis.
Direct report to Planning and Scheduling Manager with no direct reports.
Close liaison and interaction with project managers, work package managers and other members of programme office team.
Working with Project Managers and Work Package Managers to produce project plans.
Support Planning Managers in monthly performance reviews.
Support other Programme Management Office (PMO) disciplines as required.
Essential & Desirable Skills
Proficiency with Primavera 6 is necessary.
Proficiency with standard Microsoft office suite is necessary
Relevant project management qualification and experience would be desirable.
Responsibility for the planning of a major project or programme would be preferable but would suit someone who has worked within a Programme environment with some planning / P6 experience and looking for further development.
Experience of change control / configuration management systems and processes would be desirable.
Experience of report generation.
Ability to deliver to deadlines.
Experience of NEC3 forms of contract would be preferable.
Ability to work within a team.
Working with Project Managers and Work Package Managers to produce plans.
• Support the development of robust detailed plans for the programme on a 3-5 year rolling basis, particularly the execution year, with a reasonable degree of detail for the remainder of the programme.
• Ensuring that plans are produced in conjunction with, and agreed by, the various departments and projects, so that complete and consistent plans exist for all necessary business and project activities.
• Support Project Managers and Work Package Managers with Business Planning Cycle requirements.
Support Planning Managers in monthly performance reviews
• Meet with project managers and work package managers on a monthly basis to review progress ahead of Programme Board.
• Share and challenge information on project scope, schedule and cost.
• Review budgets and Latest Best Estimates (LBEs) and schedule information to enable effective management decisions.
• Collate and report findings from project reviews to the Planning Managers.
• Maintaining the status updates of all plans on a monthly cycle to facilitate effective reporting of progress and variances.
Support other Programme Management Office disciplines as required.
• Support the timely production of monthly Programme Board report, monthly Performance Report, Quarterly Performance Report (QPR) and any other periodic reporting tasks.
• Responsible for co-ordinating the forward monthly project reviews via the Harwell Monthly Reporting calendar.
• Deputise for day-to-day aspects of various PMO disciplines as required.
Staff will manage
• Own performance, including self-development.
• Health and wellbeing.
• Manage own workload, including time and deadline management.
• In addition, he/she will undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required.
• Staff will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives as instructed by their Line Manager.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.