Apply for this job
||Quality Management System Engineer / Auditor
||Springfield Fuels Ltd
||23.40-23.40 GBP per hour
Quality Management System Engineer / Auditor
Rate: £23.40 PAYE basis / LTD rate = £30.95 (Inscope of IR35 but LTD / Umbrella option available)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill a Quality Management System / Auditor position within the Quality team. The Westinghouse Springfields site has the technology to manufacture fuel for all major designs of nuclear reactors worldwide. Most of the fuel requirements for the UK's nuclear power stations are met by Springfields and around 15% of all the electricity generated in the UK comes from power stations using nuclear fuel manufactured at Springfields.
The main objective of the position is to support Springfields in ensuring our management system of our site and the fuel component supply chain meets the requirements of our site licence our parent company and the individual requirements of our customers for the manufacturing of nuclear fuel.
• Maintaining our management system with the review, revision and release of documentation.
• Managing the corrective action process.
• Management of quality records in line with customer and site requirements.
• Supporting (or leading depending on experience) supplier and internal audits by preparing, organising and perform quality audits in line with published audit and quality monitoring schedules.
• Identify internal and external audit findings and manage through to effective and timely closure.
• Support Springfields external audits.
• Support the maintenance of certification to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.
• Support the Management of change process to risk assess our people changes
• Support the migration of our document management system to be digital based system.
• Assist the Quality Manager with implementation and compliance to quality metrics.
• Assist the Quality Manager to interpret new and existing, amended and upcoming requirements and to facilitate organisational compliance and change management where necessary.
• Carrying out verification of component certification and release of products.
• Maintain our Qualified / Approved Supplier List
Skills / Qualifications Required:
• Minimum five years' experience within a manufacturing area
• Minimum two years' experience working within the quality and/or compliance fields
• Manufacturing quality assurance audit training and experience
• Good working knowledge of ISO 9001.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong IT software understanding, particularly with Microsoft Office
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Resourcefulness, adaptability and a high level of personal motivation and commitment
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Lead auditor certified
• Experience working within the nuclear industry
• Knowledge or experience in Nuclear requirements - NQA-1 / GS-R-3 standards
• Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems
• Experience of leading improvement projects
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.