Apply for this job
||Springfield Fuels Ltd
||23.40-23.40 GBP per hour
Rate: £23.40 PAYE basis / LTD rate = £30.95 (Inscope of IR35 but LTD / Umbrella option available)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 or email@example.com
Our client is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill a Quality Engineer position within the Quality team. The Westinghouse Springfields site has the technology to manufacture fuel for all major designs of nuclear reactors worldwide. Most of the fuel requirements for the UK's nuclear power stations are met by Springfields and around 15% of all the electricity generated in the UK comes from power stations using nuclear fuel manufactured at Springfields.
The main objective of the position is to support Springfields in ensuring that a specific chemical process meets the requirements of our Quality Management System, process parameters and meets the ends specification requirements.
• Certification of product to confirm it meets the requirements of a technical specification determined by our customer or internal technical team.
• To carry out in process monitoring and statistical process control to ensure manufacturing parameters are maintained within a predetermined window.
• Carrying out first line quality investigations.
• Supporting our corrective action process to carry out corrective actions and carrying out quality reviews on the closure of completed actions.
• Management of non-conforming product
• Carrying out causal analysis in support of quality events.
• Carrying out inter stage release of incoming and outgoing products.
• Liaising with manufacturing / engineering and technical teams
• Management of inspection and test plans in line with customer specification requirements.
• Management of release of documentation to manufacturing.
• Support Springfields external audits
• Support the maintenance of certification to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.
• Assist the Quality Manager with the implementation and compliance to quality metrics.
• Supporting the Quality Manager in interfacing with the customer on quality improvements and actions.
Skills / Experience required:
• Minimum five years' experience within a manufacturing area / engineering
• Minimum two years' experience working within the quality and/or compliance fields
• Manufacturing quality assurance audit training and experience
• Ability to review data and identify cause / colorations.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong IT software understanding, particularly with Microsoft Office
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Resourcefulness, adaptability and a high level of personal motivation and commitment
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Experience working within the nuclear industry
• Knowledge or experience in Nuclear requirements - NQA-1 / GS-R-3 standards
• Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems
• Previous six sigma / improvement experience.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.