Apply for this job
||Strategic Spares Specialist
||200.00-300.00 GBP per day
Position: Strategic Spares Specialist
Location: Barnwood, Gloucestershire, (weekly travel to Leicester site)
Rate: 200 – 300 LTD per day depending on experience ( outside of IR35 )
Job Type: Contract 12 months initial contract
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07824 362492
Strategic Spares Specialist required supporting the fleet of UK Nuclear Power stations. As a newly created role this is an opportunity to utilise your expertise in automotive, manufacturing stock control and apply this to the Nuclear Fuel Route Cycle. Also responsible for the assisting in the development and management of spares requirements to support refurbishment of equipment and Single Point Vulnerability (SPV) cover within the fuel route and commercial liaison with the Manufacturer.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Sound and demonstrable technical awareness of the nuclear fuel route would be ideal
• Alternatively, relevant automotive, manufacturing stock control experience required.
• Demonstrable commercial awareness liaising with suppliers
• HNC or Degree in a technical discipline; a degree would be advantageous
• An appropriate qualification for audit and assessment
Nature and Scope
The Fuel Route Strategic Spares group has a pivotal role in ensuring availability of key equipment and kits of components in a controlled environment to support safe, reliable generation and defueling.
This role requires the individual to interface with numerous stakeholder groups at all levels across Generation, Contract Partner based in the Midlands. The scope of the role to aidentify and continually improve existing arrangements to bring improved efficiency, simplification and value through the delivery of identified opportunities.
The scope of the activities will include:
• Materials Management
• Spares profile definition with stake holders
• Budget management
• Supporting Quality and Engineering Change link to the supply of the strategic spares portfolio.
The roles will be primarily based at Barnwood with time spent each week in the Leicester manufacturing facility; there may be from time to time a requirement to visit various locations in the course of conducting the duties and supporting the Strategic Fuel Route Spares Manager.
1. Ensuring the Company’s Policies and Frameworks, legislative requirements and stakeholder expectations are properly administered within the company to ensure safe reliable generation & defueling.
2. The development of the existing policy and processes to continually improve arrangements to ensure technical compliance and bring efficiency, simplification and increased value to the business.
3. Provide support to the Strategic Spares manager for ‘in works’ activities with the station Materials Specialist (MS) and Responsible Engineers (RE) and Fuel Route Systems Branch (FRSB) to resolve demand and supply issues, technical queries, drive concessions to supporting safe & reliable generation. Ensure risks are understood and communicated.
4. Provide the Materials management leadership ensuring ‘value for money and on time delivery’ is achieved for strategic spares refurbishments, SPV Spares, defueling future requirements and FPU and CR kits. This will also include supporting the development of the fuel route spares catalogue, supplier appraisal & auditing, supporting development of specifications including ‘Quality Plans’, sub supplier quality plan assessment, inaugural meetings, variation management / concession / technical change management, performance monitoring, life time record pack review and support payment validation. Act as focal point and single point of contact with the contractor for all quality requirements, assessments, audit and verification.
5. Contribution to future Fuel Route /Generation & Defueling strategies and medium term plan to meet business objectives
6. Identify, understand and manage risks and, when appropriate, to seek support to minimise the companies risk exposure.
7. Encourage and support the development of the partnership with the contractor to integrate them into processes and joint ownership of works.
Additional information about the process
The post holder will require Security Clearance
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business